Team Captains will be responsible for starting the registration process. Your Team Captain will be responsible for setting up your team name and password, paying the teams registration fees in full (teams can work out splitting payments offline), and choosing the teams volunteer option during their registration process. Once the Team Captain registers, they will share the team name and password with their teammates, so all teammates can register/join their team with no additional registration cost (Teammates will have additional costs if they purchase a Spaghetti Dinner at Woods Landing and/or any WWR Swag). If the team captain chooses to supply their own volunteers there will be no additional fees. If the Team Captain decides to make a non-profit donation to supply volunteers, an invoice will be emailed to the Team Captain through Stripe to pay their tax-deductible donation via CC or you can mail in a check/money order to Windsor Gives. The Team Captain will be the only teammate responsible for choosing the volunteer option during their registration.
The Team Captain at the conclusion of their registration and setting up their team, will pay in full for the entire teams relay entry fee. The Team Captain will receive their registration confirmation email with important information and volunteer payment option information. At that time the Team Captain only needs to share their Team Name and Team Password with their additional teammates. Additional teammates can then register with zero cost.
As the Wild West Relay approaches, Captains and other team members can find and download handbooks, maps, and forms from this page.
On Race Day, Team Captains must have a binder with print outs of all the following documents/links in their binder to safely manage their relay. If you have two vans you must have a full Team Binder in each van. The following documents should all be printed out and in their respective Team Binder:
2024 WWR Maps, Handbooks, and important documents are being updated as we speak. Stay tuned for updates and communication when documents for 2024 go live.
- 2024 WWR Hand Book
- 2024 WWR Atlas (Leg Map Book) (PDF)
- 2024 Volunteer Handbook (PDF) Make Separate Binder for your Volunteer/s - this is only for volunteers and does not need to be in the van.
- 2024 WWR Exchanges/Exchange Points (Excel)
- 2024 WWR Equipment List
- Designate a co-captain to assist.
- Register yourself and set up your team name and password in the race database during your registration
- Recruit alternate runners. Use the Wild West Relay WWR to recruit alternates or more team members as needed
- Arrange for vehicles. Click on Van Rentals
- Recruit drivers (optional) and volunteers if choosing that option Team support personnel do not satisfy the volunteer requirement.
- Print out and read the Relay Handbook and Leg Map Book.
- See Equipment List for required/recommend supplies.
- Arrange for lodging (optional). Click on Travel and/or Accomodations for more information.
- Using the Course Leg Chart, assign Legs and list runners in order on the Roster to be submitted at the Start.
- List runners in order on Team Time Record. Enter times during the race. Estimate Van Exchange times using runner paces.